Sunday, November 17, 2013

Week One


The forum that I registered for is called Literature Network, which is an online community where members discuss different aspects of literature. Discussions are categorized into various sub topics such as reading, writing, and authors. There are currently 67,652 members in this forum. Part of the registration process of this forum was answering a few basic questions regarding famous pieces of literature. One of the questions was, “What is the last name of the author of Hamlet?” I thought it was hilarious that questions like this were included as part of the registration process. I chose this forum because I love reading and am passionate about literature and the way it influences society.

From what I have observed so far, the digital citizenship seems to be pretty positive. Questions or statements are posed concerning a specific aspect of literature and member respond with their opinions in a cordial manner. There seems to be a clear sense of community within this forum. I am excited to spend more time in this forum and contribute to dialogue surrounding literature. 

The Literature Network Forum: http://www.online-literature.com/forums/forum.php

3 comments:

  1. Katie, what an awesome forum to join! Are you an English teacher? If so this will be great professional development and hopefully you could get some ideas for lessons. I agree that those questions are hilarious. I guess they are weeding out the non-literature lovers? Although as an English teacher I sincerely hope every adult knows the answer to that question! I also love literature and reading so I am excited to see what your experiences are within the forum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, it's awesome to hear you are so passionate about Literature, which makes this forum seem perfect for you. Also, like Shannon asked, are you or do you want to be an English teacher? This would be a great forum for upper grade students to be a part of. I could see how this kind of forum would have positive digital citizenship and seems like a good place to discuss ideas about literature that may have not been explored before. The great thing about this blog is that it is fun and a great way to take something we are interested and make it an even bigger part of our everyday life. I'm looking forward to seeing what you find on your Literature Forum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the type of forum I would like to join. I always ask people I personally know what books they read that they liked. For some reason it never really occurred to join a forum and random people. I'm sure you could find a lot of people with similar tastes that could recommend some great reading.

    ReplyDelete